Canopy is a fast-growing start-up software company based in the Washington D.C. area. Our application is the first of its kind, dedicated to the discovery and classification of sensitive information for data breach and privacy. We are looking for innovative, intelligent people who are committed to changing the privacy world through technology and innovation. Canopy Software supports a remote workforce so that you can work from anywhere in the United States!
We are a dynamic business seeking self-motivated individuals to help design and implement the next phase of our sales and marketing strategy. The Marketing Director will liaise with CEO, CTO, and CRO. The ideal Marketing Director Candidate will be responsible for driving the brand and content strategies and oversee all operational aspects of marketing. They also should be hands-on with developing messaging, content and overall creative direction. The candidate will liaise directly with partners and clients, as needed, and in coordination with the appropriate salespeople (developing case studies, PR opportunities, etc.). This candidate will have the responsibility to manage the marketing budget and monitor all relevant metrics, recalibrating programs and investments accordingly. This position is heavily weighted toward Marketing professionals with a data-driven, results-oriented approach to marketing.
- Proven strategic and creative skills
- 8-10+ years of experience leading marketing efforts for a legal technology-oriented business.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to communicate effectively in speech and writing
- A customer-focused attitude
- Content creation experience
- SEO and PPC experience, certifications preferred
- Strong drive for results
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to analyze problems and create a solution
- Master's in marketing or an MBA preferred
- Copywriting experience is preferred
- Experience with the Hubspot
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Excels at working remotely
- Develop a yearly budget for the marketing team
- Work with the CEO to develop marketing goals.
- Develop and track goal metrics
- Communicate the brand identity with the team
- Sift through marketing data to find the important trends
- Stay up to date on the latest marketing trends
- Oversee social media strategy and implementation
- Develop thought leadership pieces
- Create marketing reports to show to executives
About CanopyCo LLC Canopy Software’s innovative machine learning technology was designed leveraging 30 years’ combined experience in eDiscovery, Information Governance, and Data Protection for the world’s most sophisticated organizations. It combines years of research in Big Data technology, cloud-native architecture, and the latest software development frameworks. CanopyCo has detected tens of thousands of users’ data for some of the world’s most demanding companies. More information can be found at https://www.canopyco.io.