Canopy is a fast-growing start-up software company based in the Washington D.C. area. Our application is the first of its kind, dedicated to the discovery and classification of sensitive information for data breach and privacy. We are looking for innovative, intelligent people who are committed to changing the privacy world through technology and innovation. Canopy Software supports a remote workforce so that you can work from anywhere in the United States!
We are a dynamic business seeking self-motivated individuals to help to assist in financial and operational matters, data analysis, basic coding / scripting, and various special projects and administrative efforts.
- Works with CFO, CEO, and others to assess financial status, including comparing actual results with plans and forecasts.
- Analyzes the cost of operations by collecting data, analyzing, and interpreting it to produce actionable follow-up including proposed changes in methods and systems.
- Works on important financial operational matters involving billing, AR, AP, and payments.
- Creates and maintains various databases by entering, verifying, and backing up data.
- As required, reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Increases productivity by developing automated financial applications; coordinating information requirements.
- Assists in various compliance and admin efforts.
- Contributes to team effort in other areas as assigned which may include research and special projects.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Able to work independently and with significant time deadlines which also may require some evenings and weekends.
- Initially, able to commit to regular and flexible part-time work (opportunity for full-time may occur as the business grows).
- Recent undergrad.
- Field of study: a STEM focus – Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Stats/Data Science, Math.
- Interest in working at a high-quality tech start-up
- Excellence in spreadsheets
- Strong communication skills - oral & written
- Quick learner
- Thorough and correct while also being efficient
- Good interpersonal skills and sense of humor
- Logical, organized, creative
- Understanding of basic finance and accounting
- Familiar with Python, Go, or Julia
About Canopy Software, Inc. Canopy Software’s innovative machine learning technology was designed leveraging 30 years’ combined experience in eDiscovery, Information Governance, and Data Protection for the world’s most sophisticated organizations. It combines years of research in Big Data technology, cloud-native architecture, and the latest software development frameworks. CanopyCo has detected tens of thousands of users’ data for some of the world’s most demanding companies. More information can be found at https://www.canopyco.io.