Software Technical Lead
We are searching for an innovative Technical Lead to join our growing engineering team. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of designing, developing, and maintaining dependable, mission critical, enterprise-scale systems. The ideal candidate will be able to work with their team and inspire them to reach their goals.
To be successful as a Technical Lead, you should be committed to expanding your industry knowledge and be able to quickly identify problems. Outstanding Technical Leads are accountable, trustworthy, and able to build lasting relationships with their teams.
Technical Lead Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of talented engineers who will design, develop, and test major software and system components
- Work with Product Management Team to determine scope, develop version plans, negotiate schedules, provide estimates, break down epics and user stories, and define acceptance criteria to meet scheduled targets
- Work with QA Team to ensure product meets high quality standards
- Lead daily standups, write progress reports, and deliver presentations to stakeholders
- Work with the product architects and engineering managers to recommend courses of action, technology, technical solutions, and vision for future product growth
- Identify risks proactively and form contingency plans
- Perform routine code reviews and provide feedback on policies and standards for quality code
- Serve as escalation support for our Network Operations Center (NOC), providing immediate solutions to critical problems, as well as long term preventative solutions
- Present after action reports detailing root cause analysis and proposed preventative actions as necessary
- Provide effective documentation and presentations of the requirements and architecture of the system
Technical Lead Requirements:
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Can be located anywhere in the Eastern Time zone
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, electrical engineering, or equivalent (can be waived for relevant experience) with 5+ years of relevant experience and 2+ years of leadership experience on agile software teams
- Experience navigating the full software lifecycle development process using agile methodologies
- Extensive experience leading large-scale design and implementation of software projects that focus on separation of concerns and modularity
- Extensive experience in Big Data pipeline technologies, AWS distribution, Elasticsearch, and MongoDB
- Experience designing and developing backend services to include data model design and selection of the appropriate database
- Experience deploying production systems in highly available environments
- Experience focusing on security and solid understanding of application security principles
- Experience running load testing and analyzing the results to improve performance
About Canopy Software, Inc.
Canopy Software’s innovative machine learning technology was designed leveraging 30 years’ combined experience in eDiscovery, Information Governance, and Data Protection for the world’s most sophisticated organizations. It combines years of research in Big Data technology, cloud-native architecture, and the latest software development frameworks. CanopyCo has detected tens of thousands of users’ data for some of the world’s most demanding companies. More information can be found at https://www.canopyco.io.