Sr. User Experience/User Interaction (UX/UI) Designer
Join the Leaders in Data Breach Response At Canopy Software, Inc., we recognize that data breaches are inevitable, and we are here to lessen their impact. Our award-winning application is the first of its kind, created from years of research in big data technology, is a cloud-native architecture, and features the latest software development frameworks. It is purpose-built to assess privacy impact quickly, employing AI and machine learning to make breached data analysis fast and accurate. With each completed project, we are helping people who have had their personal information compromised find out as soon as possible.
While we have a fully remote workforce, we're looking for candidates who reside in the Washington DC area. The name “Canopy” reflects our love for nature and the broader environment, and our team of Foresters is made up of talented, creative, and enthusiastic people from across the United States. You don’t have to enjoy exploring the great outdoors to work at Canopy — though many of us certainly do! — as long as you share our common goal: to leave the world better than we found it.
We’re Looking For: As our Sr. User Experience/User Interaction (UX/UI) Designer, you will be filling the role of a behavioral scientist in a design environment. Your primary mission will be to understand our customers’ business needs and product requirements and transform that understanding into user-focused and intuitive products, interfaces, and platforms. Most importantly, you will be relentless in helping us achieve our mission to provide the best user interaction our customer has ever experienced.
What You’ll Do: Since you will be working closely with our product managers, marketers, designers, strategists, analysts, customers and other key stakeholders, you must be a team player. Your tasks will include the creation of experience maps, user scenarios, mockups, wireframes, and flows.
- Assist with the development of product design strategy and the Canopy Design System
- Determine customer goals and define the product interactions necessary to achieve them
- Compile user, business and technical requirements to create product information architecture
- Create wireframes and prototypes that illustrate key product interactions
- Work with the core design team to develop layout and visuals
- Collaborate with the product development team to ensure an efficient customer journey
- Conduct product A/B testing to identify problems and areas for improvement within the customer experience
- Present concepts to clients, leadership and design peers
- Validate ideas and designs using split A/B tests and product performance.
- Collaborate and communicate professionally with clients and internal teams.
- Design user-experiences from low-fidelity sketches to hi-fidelity pixel perfect mockups.
- Measure recently released product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement.
- Develop interactive reporting dashboards and different types of visualizations.
- Create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices
- Adjust design concepts as consumer and market needs change
Your Qualifications Include:
- A minimum of 3 years of UX or interaction design experience.
- Experience with Balsamaq, UXPin, Figma, AdobeXD, Storybook and other UX tools.
- Proven well-designed examples of responsive layouts and crazy beautiful designs..
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking process as well as a deep understanding of UI/UX best practices.
- Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including happy paths as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of information design / architecture, gestalt principles, and user psychology.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work.
- Proficiency in graphic design, motion graphics, digital art, a sensitivity to typography, color, layout, and a general awareness of materials/textures.
- Experience in working with a geographically distributed cross-functional team or large-scale software development lifecycle, including waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Quick learner and self-starter with innate creativity
- Good interpersonal skills and sense of humor
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive and affordable national medical, dental, vision, HSA, and other benefit plans
- Traditional and Roth 401k options, with a generous employer match that vests immediately
- Ability to work remotely from anywhere in the United States
- Flexible vacation/paid time off to meet critical needs for rejuvenation
- The opportunity to make a real difference in a growing tech company that is disrupting and transforming the field of data breach response. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience
Canopy Software, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.